Future MegaCons and Factions
At the moment there are 11 MegaCons that have been penned. It was announced that:
- each MegaCon has the possibility of multiple factions
- the MERCS world is a living world, MegaCons can rise and fall...
MERCS Campaign and Second Book
A new MERCS book, which is primarily a campaign book, is currently in production and is to include:
- new faction portfolios
- additional rules
|Keizai Waza Concept Art|
Next MegaCons which are planned for release by GENCON (August 2011):
- Sefadu (Central Africa), apparently this is available for pre-order!
- Keizai Waza (South-east Asia and Australia)
- Texico (Panama, Mexico, and Texas), which is almost ready for beta playing
- Ios (Mediterranean), in the early stages of alpha
|Sefadu Concept Art|
This is the African melee-oriented faction, check out all the concept art here. Brian goes on to say:
"They are very cool looking, fast, and play very fun to play. I can't give many details out, but they rely on their Leader more than other MERCS groups. If he is successful, his team has a easier time hitting targets. THey have a lot of tricks but are still easy to use. I think people will really dig them."
- Gale Force Nine will be producing counters for MERCS and printing maps that we've seen at shows and conventions.
- Battle Foam is to create the MERCS bag, which Brian goes on to say: "MERCS was designed around the philosophy that a players didn't need to own a small moving van to play our game. We have never been a fan of gaming luggage; the bigger the more we hated it. I think our bag will fit our philosophy very well and introduce something very cool and very different in gaming carrying cases."
- Faction specific dice and retail group packaging is also due soon!
Lots going on for MERCS, and as always, any news I find I'll post! Check out the full interview here.