Friday, March 21, 2014

CNC Miniatures Scenery Sci-Fi Shipping Containers - Review


A staple of most tabletops - shipping containers! Versatile in a number of scenarios and great for blocking LOS, I thought it was time to add some to my terrain collection.
The CNC Miniatures Shipping Containers look absolutely fantastic - so fantastic in fact, that I didn't know whether to get them or not, just because I knew I wouldn't be able to match the awesome weathered paint job. Well, I picked up the Value Pack with four containers anyways...

Each container comes on a single sprue

Each piece punched out of the sprue and base coated using Fiddly Bits
spray paints

And after adding a little colour to the pieces, assembly was simple enough

CCC Assault Leader corners the KemVar Assassin - or will it be the Leader
falling under the Assassin's blade?

Overall, very happy with the kit. As you can see, the pieces come so that you can spray paint the metal frame pieces separately to the container pieces. Assembly was very simple and straight forward, and although I didn't get mine looking as good as the house job from CNC miniatures, I'm still very happy with my purchase and the new additions to my terrain collection.

Sync out.

No comments:

Post a Comment