Monday, February 22, 2016

[CCC] Recon Squad Painted!


And that's the final MERCS Recon Squad painted! I've been working on my MERCS Recon Squads for the last month, and managed to meet my painting goal of completing one squad of 5 models each week - hooray for me!

I left the CCC for last for a few reasons:
  • I've painted them before and repainted them (twice!)
  • As such, I now have a healthy fear of painting yellow (so... many... layers!)
  • I wanted to make sure I was really in my groove before painting, what was initially, my favorite of the MERCS Recon Squads

Painting the CCC this time around, I had two goals - painting the yellow brighter, and the black blacker. Looking back at my old CCC models, I think I managed to achieve that, and I'm happy with the end result.

So, what's up next? Well, I have a few things I'd like to finish up before my MERCS Recon Kickstarter Wave 2 to arrives:
  • After a bit of consideration, I've started adding a bit more colour to my EU Inc, so I'll have to go over the whole squad again
  • I'll have to figure out what I want to do about the quadrant markings on my bases - the new MERCS bases are too cool not to take advantage of!
  • Oh, and I'll need to paint up my CNC Miniatures Scenery Sci-Fi Walls, and I was thinking about repainting some old terrain pieces as well

Sync out.

No comments:

Post a Comment