Tuesday, January 12, 2016

MERCS Terrain - Cheap and Easy Part 2

Way back in April 2011, I put together a papercraft MERCS battleground, using the famous Toposolitario papercraft resources.
It was fun doing it, but it did take time that I no longer have (due to my little 2 year old hobby monster!) to spend on making terrain.

Fast forward to 2016, and Corvus Belli have released several Scenery Packs for Infinity, which just so happen to suit the needs of MERCS quite nicely.

I recently picked up the Navajo Outpost Pack, which has similar contents to the Mototronica Scenery Pack, which I looked at in my previous post (gamemat, 4 buildings, 6 cargo containers) though with a very different aesthetic.

I had the gamemat for the Navajo Outpost laminated for a bit of extra durability, and here's everything set up on my kitchen table (quick and dirty!), patiently awaiting the release of MERCS 2.0 - just need to sprinkle on some scatter terrain and serve.




Laminated gamemat can be hung on the wall,
'poster style', while not in use!

Sync out.

3 comments:

  1. I had the same idea. Infinity terrain is like $16 and you get everything you need

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're absolutely fantastic for the price!
      The scenery pack from the Infinity Red Veil set should be available soon too, which would make a great MERCS table :)

      Delete