Monday, January 18, 2016

MERCS Recon is here!


The MERCS Recon Kickstarter has landed in Australia, so last week I set to work on assembling all the MERCS in preparation for MERCS 2.0!

I have a personal preference for plastic miniatures over metal miniatures, and I love the new plastic MERCS models!
A bit of trimming was required, but nothing I hadn't experienced with other plastic miniatures before, and assembling the new plastics was much easier than my experience with assembling metal models.

Here are some quick and dirty shots of the MERCS from the Counter Threat and Assassination Protocol boxes.
Check out the new bases that are included - you'll notice that the lipped edges on the 30mm round bases have quadrant markings, which makes determining front/flank/rear arcs easy!

EU Inc.

CCC

KemVar

Keizai Waza

Sync out.

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I wish they had those bases for the original boxed sets though. How is the detail compared to the metal models?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to get some paint on these models before I can make a good comparison, but holding them in my hand, it seems like only the finest details are missing from the new plastics.
      I'll see if I can take some better photos this weekend and I'll try and get a comparison post up soon :)

      Delete