Monday, June 6, 2011

[KemVar] Assassin finished!

I usually paint the trooper first, so that I can experiment with colours on the 'grunt' of the squad, but I absent-mindedly picked up the Assassin model and started painting him.
The result of my initial colour trials weren't great, and the green came out too dark and looked terribly flat. Here are photos of the initial colours I used:

I thought it looked OK, but when I compared this colour-scheme with the studio paint job, and I was really unhappy:

After switching to a lighter green, and changing the secondary colour to purple, I was MUCH happier with the result! I had a palette I would be happy to use for the rest of my KemVar!




Sync out.

No comments:

Post a Comment