Monday, March 7, 2016

Terrain Upgrades - Part 2

It was a beautiful weekend in Sydney, and after taking my family to a local school fair for the morning, I was all set to get down to some hobby!
With the sun out, it was a great day for spray painting, with minimal drying time (half an hour only) between each of the two coats of paint.


With my limited palette of these two Fiddly Bits spray cans, I set to work on my CNC Miniatures Sci-Fi walls and Micro Art Studio District 5 Apartment sets.
I was aiming for much darker pieces of terrain than I previously painted, so these two paints were sufficient.

Step 1 - Undercoat
I base coated everything with Flat Black spray, aiming for a smooth consistency all around each piece of terrain.

Step 2 - Base Coat
Next I used the Grey Primer spray, and used basic zenithal highlighting to try and create some depth and shadow to the pieces.

Next Steps
I had planned on sticking the MERCS Propaganda Posters on the buildings and calling them done, but I think a thin coat of a lighter shade of grey on the pieces would really add more depth to them.
I'll have to see if I can pick up a light grey spray paint this week, and give the pieces another coat!




Sync out.

No comments:

Post a Comment